Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little inspiration

In the past I have had a bit of a problem obsessing over the kids clothes, especially when a new season is approaching. While I've learned to curb the need to buy whatever I wanted for them, I still want to dress them the way I want to. So for this up coming Spring and Summer I have decided to make the majority of Donnelly's clothes. The boys are easy and inexpensive to shop for and lets face it - they will ruin whatever they wear. They're boys. Its a fact.

But sweet little D is a different story. I can't remember the last time I was able to get her into a pair of jeans. She'll put them on for Papa but never for me. She must always wear a dress or something that resembles a dress and leggings. To be honest I love this independence in her. I love her in dresses. She is my sweet Angelina Ballerina, literally dancing wherever she goes, with her pinkie in the air and a song on her lips.

Gearing up for this task, I've found a bit of inspiration...


These three are all from Kayce Hughes / Pears + Bears. How cute is the neckline on that red dress!


I just love the wrap dress!


And I already have the perfect fabric for a dress like this. So cute!




This little set was on my watch list on ebay. I loved it, saved a picture of it to my computer, watched it and forgot to bid... that's pretty typical. But I think it would be pretty easy to replicate. I have the perfect fabric just waiting for it!


And because Donnelly and I are both American girl doll lovers and I just go gaga for a good vintage design, I think we'll have to make something like Kit's dress. Too stinkin' cute!

To help get me started on my overwhelming little task, I ordered this book!

To help get me started on my overwhelming little tast, I ordered this book. I'm really excited to get started!

With a few vintage patterns, my handy pattern book and some really beautiful inspiration, Miss D should have a rather fabulous wardrobe some spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online